GROUNDNUT IN SHELL

GROUNDNUT IN SHELL

 Type  Groundnuts
Counts per Ounce 20/24, 24/28, 28/32 Counts/Ounce
Moisture  5 % max OR 6% max
Admixture  1 % max OR 0% max
Foreign Material 0.50% max OR D.00% max
Oil content 42%-48 % max
 Packing New PP BAg 25 kg, 35kg

Category:

Description

GROUNDNUT IN SHELL

Groundnut is produced and exported from a number of countries around the world. India is a leader in cultivation and export of Groundnut. High quality groundnut cultivation takes place in the Saurashtra region of Gujarat where we have quality farmers. The groundnut from Saurashtra is believed to have a ideal taste and its quality lasts for longer time. This groundnut is used for direct consumption in Pakistan, Iran and other countries. In China, Indian Groundnut is largely used for Oil Production.

Groundnut is the major oil seed of India. It accounts for around 25% of the total oilseed production of the country. Annual production of Indian Peanuts and Indian Peanuts oil are around 5-8mln and 1.5 million tons respectively. Peanuts Production is highly vulnerable to rainfall deviations and display huge fluctuation between years.

Regional estimates are Gujarat (1-3.5 million tons). Tamil Nadu (1million tons). Andhra Pradesh (1-2 million tons), Karnataka (0.5 million tons), Maharashtra (0.5 million tons) are the major producers of Peanuts.

Around 75% of the crop is produced in khariff (June September) and remaining 25% in rabbi (November March). India exported around 1000OD0 tons of ground nut oil in 2003-04 after 4 decades, as crop failed in Senegal and Argentina. Peanuts or Groundnut kernels are approx. 70 % of weight in shells and kernels have an oil recovery of 40-48 % .

Factors Influencing Peanuts or Groundnut Markets

  1. Weather at the major domestic producing centers. The southwest monsoon is the most important factor that determines the area sown, production and prices.
  2. Price of other competitive oils in India, viz., soy oil, palm oil, cottonseed oil, sunflower oil and mustard oil.
  3. International price movement of soy oil at CBOT and palm oil at BMD, Malaysia also influence the groundnut oil prices.
  4. Festivals and celebrations also increase consumption and the prices.
en English
X